Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Challenge - Day 3 & 4

I give thanks for:

1) Google: Honestly, I wouldn't be able to handle the amount of things I'm involved in without Google. Their products (Gmail, GDocs, Gchat, etc) help me organize and run my life at it's optimal efficiency.
2) Water: Living in Vancouver, BC, we are so blessed with amazingly clean and soft water. Even in other parts of Canada, the water is hard, leaves a chalky white residue, and tastes funky. In less-than-developed regions, runnning water is luxury and even if it's accessible, the water is not safe to drink.
3) Good ball-point pens: There's something about a good pen that writes really well. The ink flows nicely, the pen moves smoothly.
4) My Blackberry from TELUS: This one I am truly thankful because a couple years ago, I was not looking for a phone. I get a call from some guy representing TELUS and asking if I want to get a new phone/contract. To make a long story short, I got a pretty good deal for email, messaging, unlimited texting and that helped me stay connected with people when I worked in Fort McMurray for 8 months. (Before this TELUS plan, I only had 250 text messages per month)
5) Great company: Doing co-op at SAP is THE BOMB! I'm just happy to soak up all the experience from a leading global company.
6) Great co-workers: Everyone I've met at my company is really friendly, respectful, and easy to talk to.
7) Great work environment: Okay, I'm really stretching this one but the facility at my workplace is great; free milk/coffee/tea, cheap $0.25 pop, great kitchens, lounges, pool tables, foosball tables, weight room, health services, etc
8) Mom: I still live at home (but I pay a discount amount for rent/food) - I'm really thankful for a mom to keep the house stocked with food and cook meals for lunch/dinner.
9) Dogs: My two dogs with very different personalities bring me great joy and happiness. Though they may be annoying at times, they are really fun.
10) Snacks: I don't know, I love my snacks, I'm always hungry, I eat my snacks. I'm hungry at this moment. Time for some snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment