Friday, October 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Challenge - Day 5 & 6

I'm thankful for:
1) Knowing how to play piano: Actually, I give thanks for my mom to urge me to play piano. There was a point where I didn't enjoy it, but now whenever I'm bored, stressed, or feeling creative, I just play the piano and play whatever is on my mind. It also gave me the musical foundation to play many other instruments, such as ....
2) Guitar: There's something so beautiful about the guitar, the sound it makes, the look of it. It has definitely kept me out of trouble for many years
3) Tea: I like how there are so many different kinds of tea for different moods, settings, and occasions. My workplace kitchen has over 20 different varieties and I've been experimenting here and there. Rooibos, Orange Pekoe, Indian Chai, Green, Jasmine, Peppermint, Earl Grey, etc etc. But so far, my favourite is Orange Pekoe with cream, sweetened with honey.
4) Chocolate: I love my chocolate; whether it's brownies, cookies, fudge, ice cream, etc etc. So good - makes me happy. Makes everyone happy (except for Jacqueline and Michelle... they don't like chocolate -.- ) Only thing is if I eat too much without any liquids, I get a sore throat
5) People with a similar personality as me: There are only a few people (very few) that have a similar personality and character as me. We don't hang out often, but when we do, it is THE BOMB!
6) Vancouver Transit: Compared to some places I've been to (Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray... ALBERTA), transit in Vancouver is TOP-NOTCH. I take it school, now I'm taking it to work in downtown.
7) Literacy: Imagine that you couldn't read, write, or type. We are blessed to live in a nation where there is education and where the literacy rate is 99%. On the other end of the scale, South Sudan's literacy rate is 27%.
8) Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V: My most commonly used short-cuts.
9) Wikipedia: Everything to anything I need to know about the world. It has proved to be more useful than any of my university textbooks
10) Good sound-emitting devices: It's come to a point now where I need really good quality speakers/headphones in order to enjoy music/movies. The bass has to be strong, the frequency range has to be wide, when I listen to live albums, it has to sound and ALMOST feel like I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment