Tuesday, April 19, 2011

25 random things about me

I got tagged by a friend to do this "25 random things" survey on Facebook and posted it as a note in late-2009. I somehow randomly stumbled onto it again in 2011 and I read through my responses and realized it pretty much sums up "Kevin Chong". Here is a copy of my responses I posted on Facebook...

Here are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose xx amount of people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

1) Guitar =)

2) I don't understand people who do those 200 question survey that asks about your life, who you've kissed or what you are wearing etc (that's right Aaron Lo)

3) I'm straight.

4) Guitar =)

5) I'm rarely at home (or hometown) for my birthday.

6) I'm the guy who says what people are thinking but would never say.

7) People say I'm blunt, I prefer to say I'm honest. The truth hurts =)

8) Sometimes I act oblivious to things, but actually.. I'm very very aware of what's happening.

9) Sometimes when I walk around, I get the feeling I'm a spy or some secret-service agent that is being tracked by snipers.

10) Guitar =)

11) I'm a Hillsong United junkie. Time has Come, Take it All, From the Inside Out, More than Life, Look to You, One Way, All Day, Came to my Rescue, Seeking You, Light, Soldier, Revolution, Solution, Your Name High, With Everything, You Deserve, Break Free, From God Above, Fire Fall Down, Saviour King

12) My favourite chord is C2. such a beautiful chord.

13) People say I'm so busy, always busy, busy busy, "why are you so busy", "you don't have anytime for me", "You don't go out enough", "This relationship is not working".

14) I'm a VERY outgoing guy who does not go out very much.

15) Time is too precious to waste. There are so many things to get done in this world.

16) If I was born in this decade, I would have been diagnosed with ADD.

17) I have owned 4 guitars. Current guitar in use; Larrivee LV03 and Stratocaster CV.

18) I'm a thinker. I like to think. Dedicate times in my day to think. A lot of great ideas and creativity comes from these thinking sessions. And my think-tank is the washroom. (The only time I can get peace and quiet in my life *sigh*)

19) I only have a few close close friends. The energy created when we hang out is uncontainable.

20) A large part of my life is dedicated to serving others and God. Whether it be talking to them, playing music, serving food, volunteering, feeding homeless, singing. --My love for people is very strong.

21) I don't like crowded malls.

22) I'm a generally patient guy... but I hate lining-up in line-ups.

23) I think of myself as a cool, calm, and a collected guy. Not until recently, after looking at video footage at dinners, sports, events... I'm actually quite the opposite.

24) I don't have respect for: Hypocrites; fathers who leave their family; people who look only for their selfish needs and gain; who pays over $100 for a meal, but wouldn't give $1 to charity; who searches for their identity at the expense of someone else's romantic heart; those who think intoxicating themselves is the way to live (is life that bad?); who comprimise their values for the praise of others; makes promises that they know they can't keep; people who drop an expletive every 3 words in a sentence; people who disregard personal hygiene; and people who smash others' dreams and ambitions for their own pride.

25) I have the UTMOST respect for people: who don't do things to please others; who go against the grain; mothers who chose not to abort their baby; who stands up when no one else would; who goes out their way to talk a loner because no one else has; who does not seek for instant gratification; who sacrifices their time for others out of love; who don't care what the world says about them; who takes life seriously; who's figured out their purpose in life; who travels across the world to bring love and care to desperate and needy; and who make the tough but right choices in life. These people keep me living life with a zeal and passion but of course, I live my life for God.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I was surprised at the personal hygiene bit. I think there are many wonderful people out there who, unfortunately, do not hold personal hygiene in a very high regard.

    Every now and then, I read through my list of 25 too :) It makes me chuckle because I posted some good childhood memories up there.

    ReplyDelete