Saturday, January 29, 2011

Digging Deep

I will now be taking a turn with my blog; instead of entertaining fluff and stories that humiliate myself for the sake of your delight. I will be digging deep....
................ digging deep into my thoughts, my mind, my soul. I will dig deep and whatever plunder I find, I will lay it all on the table for you to see.

I have done some initial digging and this is what I've found ...
... a treasure chest filled with lead,
..........a box filled with snakes and scorpions, and
................a bottle of numbing poison.

Obviously those are metaphors - metaphors to represent heavy burdens, internal conflicts, dilemmas, and things that chip away at your soul.

Sounds depressing?

It is only depressing because I don't know what to do...
It is a lose-lose situation...
........It is like asking out an ugly girl.
1) if she says yes, you got an ugly girl,
2) if she says no, you just got rejected by an ugly girl. (okay, that's the last metaphor).

(Don't worry - I will continue my "Adventures in Fort McMurray"...though it seems a better name would be "Fort Mac Funnies".)

4 comments:

  1. I lay in anxious wait for what is to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too await this journey to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin, I love this. What are you using to build this blog? Are these tools straight from blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you please elaborate a bit more? soon? miss you buddy :D

    ReplyDelete